Monday, February 12, 2024

Transitioning into Portfolio Project

   Ending Preliminary Projects

    
    My class has just finished our final project before we start the absolute beast that is the A Level portfolio project. We did a film distribution project in which we collaborated with the creative writing class at our school, and made movie trailers and distribution plan for their movie concepts. Overall, the project went well although it made me realize just how difficult making a movie trailer actually was. The project, while helpful, definitely solidified which type of project I wanted to do for my portfolio since I was in between doing either movie promotion or a short film. 

Short Film

    
    I've decided on doing a short film for the portfolio project. The main reason for this is I want to explore and experiment with mise-en-scene and how a character's emotions can be portrayed through color. I want to do this in a more stylized manner though, mainly through lighting and costuming and make it stand out. I wanted to explore the stages of grief someone goes through when their parents divorce during the short film. When discussing it with my teacher, she mentioned an idea of following an event based on different perspectives, and representing each perspective through different colors. I really like this idea, and think it could be a better approach than going through the grief cycle since it is a topic that has been explored time and time again. She also recommended a movie called Hero (2002) that does this, and I am planning on checking it out to get some inspiration.

    I've also decided to work by myself, despite the option to work in groups. While I love working with my friends and the people in my class, I want to take this project as an opportunity to see what I can do, and enhance my skills, especially in editing and set design. I'm excited to see what I'm able to create and accomplish throughout this process.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

       Well, that's a wrap! Bellow are the links to the project components! Enjoy :) Instagram: @stare.shortfilm Postcard: Front of Pos...