Sunday, February 19, 2023

Film Opening Movie Idea

     For this week, I spent a good majority of it doing research on my specific genre researching movies within it and some sub-genres. I was not sure what to research next and thought that it was about time I actually started paying a bit more attention as to what I want to do for my actual film plot. I wanted to be able to still incorporate my idea of writing love letters, but every idea I had to do with writing love letters reminded me too much of the Netflix rom-com To All the Boys I've Ever Loved, or I would not seem to find a way to get a cohesive plot going. I also wanted to involve a childhood crush type of situation, where one of the two protagonists is head over heels for their friend, while the friend has no clue what is going on. I was absolutely stuck. That's when I remembered how in a lot of romances, there's almost always a character who comes up with some sort of scheme to get the girl (think 10 Things I hate About You). 

    That's when I got the idea to change the love letters, to romance short stories instead. The idea is that one of two best friends will be a writer, and she spends her free time writing all kinds of short stories about fairytale-like romances but she doesn't really like people reading them. Her best friend has always had a crush on her, but doesn't know how to get her attention. One day while in her room, he finds the stories and decides he will copy whatever the stories say the guy does to win her over, and It works, until she catches on and finds out he's been reading her stories and thinks that he is mocking her. For the opening itself, I'm thinking of having a back and forth of the two, the girl writing her stories, while the guy is getting ready to go pick her up to hang out (or go to school?). I'm not sure if he will see the stories during the opening or if I should reference to the fact that he knows about them yet. Either way, I am so excited to finally have an idea for my film plot, and a general idea for the opening!!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

       Well, that's a wrap! Bellow are the links to the project components! Enjoy :) Instagram: @stare.shortfilm Postcard: Front of Pos...