Sunday, February 19, 2023

Film Opening: Film name and Characters

    After coming up with a basic idea of the plot for my film, I decided I wanted to name the film "Short Story Lover", which hints at the whole idea of the short stories that one of the two protagonists writes. Once I had the name of the film, I realized I also needed names for the characters. I wanted to make sure that the names had some form of meaning and not just random names I pulled from a hat. So, I named the girl Cecilia, which means blind and represents the fact that she is blind to the romantic advances her best friend is making. Her best friend, our second protagonist, will be named Roman, which from Italian origin means "romantic lover".

    Cecilia and Roman are best friends since their childhood when they met in the third grade. They both enjoy the arts, although Cecilia is more of a writer while Roman is better with instruments. Cecilia is a first-generation American with her parents being of Colombian descent and she speaks both English and Spanish. She is a sort of hopeless romantic who spends a lot of her free time writing short story romances, that she hopes to one day compile into a book of short stories to publish. She has a younger brother who is around 10 years old, Cecilia is 17, and she is often left at home to babysit her brother while her parents are out, which usually gives her plenty of time to write.

     Roman is also 17, and his family is of European descent, mainly from Italy. He is a fun-loving person, enjoys hanging out with friends during his free time, and is overall a pretty extroverted person, especially compared to Cecilia. He has an older brother who is around 19 and who he is very close with. In the movie, the idea would be that Roman goes to his brother for advice as to what to do about winning over Cecilia, to which his brother will, almost jokingly, suggest that Roman uses the romance short stories that he finds in Cecilia's room as inspiration.

    For the upcoming week, I plan on further developing characters, maybe even doing some mood boards, as well as finalizing any ideas for my film plot, and starting to properly map out what I want to do for my opening.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

       Well, that's a wrap! Bellow are the links to the project components! Enjoy :) Instagram: @stare.shortfilm Postcard: Front of Pos...