Monday, March 20, 2023

Editing: Baby Steps

  Today I begin what is personally the most intimidating aspect of this project: editing. Aside from editing a few videos for fun on iMovie, I haven't done much editing at all. I don't know what I'm really doing, so this will be an extensive learning process for me (I guess that's the whole point of this course, haha). 

    I've done the beginning steps of what I have to do like downloading Premier Pro. I had to download it on my sister's computer since my computer is too slow to run it, it can barely run Google Drive half the time. Now that I'm able to work on a faster computer, it's probably best that I don't go straight into editing blind. I found a few tutorials on YouTube to help me get a bit familiar with Premier Pro before I start anything. 


    The video above was really helpful in that it just helped me familiarize myself with the software and know the basics of what everything does so that I wouldn't feel as overwhelmed going into editing. While I'm sure it doesn't cover every single feature that is available to me on Premier Pro, it does show me the basics like how to actually edit my clips together, how to use transitions and effects, how to edit sound, and even how to keep my files organized.

   This next video I also found extremely helpful, as it gives plenty of tricks and tips on how to make Premier Pro work a little better if you don't have the best computer out there. Now that I'm working on my sister's laptop, even just opening the app is a lot easier, but I wanted to make sure the computer and the app work as well as possible, so that the editing process may go as smoothly as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

       Well, that's a wrap! Bellow are the links to the project components! Enjoy :) Instagram: @stare.shortfilm Postcard: Front of Pos...