Monday, February 19, 2024

Project Concept

    For my project, I've decided it would be really cool to show different perspectives on the same event, using colors as a driving force of how the character's emotions are visually portrayed. While I am still on the fence about it, right now I am thinking of using my idea of the kids' reaction after a parents divorce, however, instead of the mise-en-scene coinciding with he stages of grief, I want it to reflect the two kid's reactions to it. For example, one of them blames themselves for the divorce and is very sad, so the mise-en-scene is primarily blue. The other one knew something the other kid didn't, like one of the parents was unfaithful, so they're very mad about the situation and the mise-en-scene is primarily red. 

    For this I would most likely only use two to three perspectives since the short film is only around five minutes, I want to make sure I am able to properly develop each perspective in the piece. This week I plan to finalize my short film idea, do some research on color theory in film, and on Friday, watch Hero (2004) to get ideas for how I can format the film and see a movie which follows the format of showing different perspectives/versions of a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

       Well, that's a wrap! Bellow are the links to the project components! Enjoy :) Instagram: @stare.shortfilm Postcard: Front of Pos...