Monday, March 25, 2024

Props (so many props...)

    While production is already complete, I just realized I never made a post discussing props, so before getting into production and how that went, let's take a little dive into the props. For "Stare" I need a lot of props and specific costume pieces in order to make the film look how I want. I have a little notes page on Notion with literally everything I need for this project so I made a check list of everything I need, and checked off all the things I already have. The green flannel and yellow button down I borrowed from friends, Clara who plays Death, and my friend Ace.


    For Purple's scene, I needed a lot of fakes and special effect props like fake cigarettes and fake blood. I was able borrow herbal cigarettes that are completely safe to use from my friend Ace, who used them for his AS level project last year. As for the blood, I got a small bottle of edible fake blood, that even came with capsules to bite, however we didn't end up using the capsules. I also bought two purple shirts, one that Death would wear that is covered in blood, and one that Purple wears during his scene.


    On the day of filming, I got the blue flowers that Blue and Death would use. They ended up having a bit of yellow in them since I realized that blue is not much of a naturally occurring color, but they are still really blue, and got the job done nicely. I also covered Death's purple shirt in blood that day. As for the rest of the props, I thankfully had them all available at my own home or at my dad's so it was all a matter of keeping track of everything when I needed it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

       Well, that's a wrap! Bellow are the links to the project components! Enjoy :) Instagram: @stare.shortfilm Postcard: Front of Pos...