Monday, March 25, 2024

Production Overview!

     I am happy to say that I have the full short film shot!


The morning started with me covering Death's purple shirt in fake fake blood using food coloring and setting it out to dry. Then my dad picked me up, and we headed over to Trader Joe's to get blue flowers. When I got there I realized that naturally occurring blue flowers are decently rare, but I was able to find a bouquet of blue flowers with yellow centers that were gorgeous and perfect. Once I got to my dad's house, we cleared out the office space, and waiting for everyone to show up. I had told Clara to get to my dad's house at 1pm since I needed to get the most shots and takes with them. We had a small issue with the purple shirt since the red food coloring hadn't show up as much as I thought it would, so I took some of the fake blood I was going to use for purple and smeared it onto the shirt. Then we hung it to dry in the bathroom and used a blow dryer to speed up the drying process.

    Everyone else started arriving at around 2pm, and by then we basically got all of the shots done for Clara. Once everyone got there, we got the shots for Yellow, Green, and Blue without any hiccup. Since I made sure we'd have plenty of time in case something went wrong, we were all able to hang out and take a break between takes. Clara did the bruise make up for Mariana, who was playing Green, and it ended up looking really cool. They also gave Ayami, who was playing Yellow, some eye bags to make her look more tired. Once we got all the shots for Death, Yellow, Green, and Blue, we were only missing purple, but we had to wait for the sun to go down since it would be filmed outside and we needed the purple light to be seen. We had a couple hours, so we all hung out and ate some snacks, and eventually everyone left, and me and Graesen drove Mariana home since I wouldn't need her help to film this last part.

    By the time we got back to my dad's apartment, the sun had set enough where we could start setting up. Graesen still had not tried the herbal cigarettes that my friend Ace let me borrow for the project (Ace used the same cigarettes for his AS level project last year), and so he tested one out and we both realized just how terrible they smelled (but at least they looked realistic!). After that we set up the bottles into the right spot, and set up the camera (my phone) and the light. We go to turn the light on... and nothing. The light doesn't turn on. We thought maybe it was the outlet, or the plug, or even a loose wire. But nothing got the lamp to turn on. At this point it's 7:45pm and I'm stressed. My dad, Graesen, and I run over to the nearest Walmart and thankfully there's a color changing sunset lamp, and we grab it, pay, and drive back over to my dad's to get the last section for the project. After a couple of minutes of confusion, and I'll admit slight panic on my part, we finally got the new lamp to work and got started on the final part that I needed. The rest of the time went without a hitch, however cleaning up the fake blood got a little tricky since I didn't realize it would stain skin and it subsequently stained Graesen's hands red, but we got it (mostly) out!

     Overall filming day went really well, besides a couple bumps at the end but I'm so happy with how the shots came out! I am super excited to start editing and hopefully start getting more posts on the Instagram! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

       Well, that's a wrap! Bellow are the links to the project components! Enjoy :) Instagram: @stare.shortfilm Postcard: Front of Pos...