Monday, March 4, 2024

First Group Meeting


    Today in class, we did group meetings for our portfolio projects, and it was honestly incredibly helpful. We went around and talked about each individual project. We all said that we we're struggling with scheduling since, it seems to be, that March is a ridiculously busy time of year for everyone. The first person to talk about their project was Tai. She was having trouble figuring out when to film, since she's incredibly busy, and will be leaving for a family trip over spring break. The group suggested to plan out as much as possible with her group and write the script in order to be better able to find time when to film. Migue went next, and his project sounds super interesting. He's doing a silent short film, and using dance as his form of communicating the story. He asked for ideas on locations, since he wants to do it in an empty white studio but wasn't sure where to do it. We offered some ideas, I suggested the Rubell Museum, since he had mentioned that our teacher suggested an art gallery if he isn't able to get an empty studio. He took note of the ideas we gave him, and I'm honestly super excited to see what he ends up doing.

    Yoav, Morgan, and Abby are all doing film promos. Morgan had the idea to make each of the two trailers a different perspective of one of the main characters. We all liked the idea and said it would be really cool. Yoav expressed his issue with scheduling because of how busy he is and the availability of the people he wants to be in his documentary. Abby asked for advice on what to do for the social media component. This in particular was helpful to me, since I wasn't entirely sure what to do either. Tai suggested doing a banner like post, where each individual post ends up creating a bigger image on the Instagram grid.

    I went last in my group, and after explaining the concept of my project, Tai pointed out that I'd have to be careful with how I show the colors since blue and yellow specifically are often associated with sadness and happiness and not peace and obsession. I explained that I plan on using a light blue, almost like an angelic blue, and a nastier looking yellow to showcase the perspectives I'm creating. I then asked the group for advice on what to do for social media, and Abby suggested doing highlights, one of for each color and perspective, and in each highlight I explore the perspective itself. I like this idea a lot, and will most likely implement it later down the line. The group also suggested I did a banner post, although I'm not quite sure what I'd do for that. Overall, though, I feel like it was a really helpful and productive group meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

       Well, that's a wrap! Bellow are the links to the project components! Enjoy :) Instagram: @stare.shortfilm Postcard: Front of Pos...