Sunday, March 10, 2024

Putting Social Media Together

 The Logo/Profile Picture

    For the profile picture for the Stare Instagram page I thought of at first using a picture of Death with the word stare on it before realizing that I don't think that would look too good, and that I would much rather not have any of the character's faces on the profile photo. I did still want to somehow incorporate the room that occupies the majority of the setting in the logo. So, I decided to use a picture that I had taken of one of the corners of the room as the main background for my profile picture. 
First option.
    The next thing I did was plaster "Stare " right onto the middle of the image. Then began my hunt for the perfect font. Thankfully I didn't have to go too far, as I found one on Canva called "Bahianita". I picked this font because I felt it reflected the atmosphere that I am trying to create for my project very well, something sort of abstract while still understandable. I went through some different options in terms of how I wanted the title to be displayed since I wanted each character to be represented somehow. I was torn between two options but in the end I ended up with "Stare" in the middle in solid black, with very translucent, multicolored versions of the word spread throughout the image, these representing all the other characters. I liked the first option, however I didn't want the colors to be as prominent as they were in that option, as well as I didn't want the corner of the wall to be covered. It's safe to say I am thrilled with the final result.

Final choice.

    Once I made the logo, I added it to the social media page on Instagram which is linked here: @stare.shortfilm

First Post

    For my first post, I decided to create a very short reel of the empty room and then Death appearing out of thin air. I took some of the clips that I had taken last weekend, and edited them together using CapCut. I removed the sound from both of the clips, and added a copyright free sound of florescent lights buzzing over the second clip to create a more ominous atmosphere. I also desaturated the clips since that is how Death is meant to start out looking as at the beginning of my film. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

       Well, that's a wrap! Bellow are the links to the project components! Enjoy :) Instagram: @stare.shortfilm Postcard: Front of Pos...