Monday, April 8, 2024

Post Card !

    As I mentioned a couple posts ago, while doing a group meeting, someone had suggested that I did a Tarot card style post card, with the card being that of Death. Well after searching for what felt like forever, I realized I wasn't liking any examples or templates I found. So I found a completely blank page with a dark double boarder. I then removed the background from one of the stills, of Clara as Death and put it near the bottom of the inside of the black boarder. I made it a little transparent, and then added two different multicolor color gradients that I also reduced the transparency of to mimic the look of the lights on the white wall in my film. I decided to place the Instagram handle on the bottom of the front of the postcard and not on the back as well since the back only has the name of the film, the logo for the Subtropic Film Fest, and where and when the short film would screen, and I feel like it would have been way too wordy. 

  

  As for the film festival I picked for my short film, I decided to pick the Subtropic Film Fest that focuses on highlighting works by creators and filmmakers that are located in south Florida, and creating an overall better environment for local filmmakers. The film festival is also known to work with other film festival organizations and art institutions which could help my film reach broader audiences that are potentially interested in this type of short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

       Well, that's a wrap! Bellow are the links to the project components! Enjoy :) Instagram: @stare.shortfilm Postcard: Front of Pos...